Monday, February 15, 2010

A Cold toe story


Twas a grand day for a run in the foothills of boulder. The sun was high in the sky, and yet it was warmer yesterday after it had snowed than it was when i ran at 3 in the afternoon. Nonetheless i ran from Chautauqua up the saddle rock trail. It was entirely in the shade and entirely covered in snow as seen in the picture, which made my toes cold. Not my feet, legs, hands or anything, just my feet. I think that the snow would sneak in between the toes of my vibrams, and melt, then refreeze. Either way, it was a good run, and i got to climb some rocks because i felt adventurous.


After running for 30 minutes up hill, i turned around and came down probably about 1000 feet of snow trail, which was actually quite fun. As i came to an intersection at the bottom of the canyon, i came upon a runner who was strapping yak-traks to his feet. He looked like Anton Krupicka, but he lives in Colorado Springs, so i figured it was jesus. I didn't get a picture, but it looked like this.



In all reality, Jesus rocks, and i'm pretty sure he ran barefoot. Thats my day, logged somewhere between 6-8 miles, and yup.


No comments:

Post a Comment