Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The week thus far and some nostalgia



Howdy bloggers! Haven't blogged in a bit, but here's something. Thus far, I have run 8 miles barefoot on monday, did a workout tuesday, and did 6 today. Tomorrow i'm doing a hurdle workout (hurdles?) for the 300 hurdles. The coach thinks i might be good, so i'll try. I'm pretty excited though. It's like chasing down an animal or something, it's running in an oval shape, and is jumping over several objects that I also must jump over in order to catch the animal. Thats basically my thought process for a race. Set the scene in the woods, I'm chasing an animal for food or for a good challenge, and thats how i get a new best time.

Anyways, here's the nostalgia. I miss summer only because there isn't snow on my trails. Snow on ski trails, thats ok, but snow on mesa trail just freezes my toes. Yes, I realize that my feet were clothed at this time, but this was last year. Hence, nostalgia. It's long, but stick it out. It's worth it. Trust me

Whats fun about this video is that I filmed the entire thing. It was originally for a video contest which I will put that video up later. This one I put together after filming myself several times stealing my backpack. Basically, I would set up the camera, run off shot, run through the shot, run back and turn off the camera. For the multiple me shots, I left the camera in the exact same spot, and split the videos. It was incredibly awkward and funny when people walked by me on these shots, because I would be either talking to myself, or stealing a backpack. It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment