Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Packed and Good to go.

The clearing after the storm....

It's official. (i hope) I am packed for college. Other than the fact that i don't have any books yet, i'm stoked to move in tomorrow and be closer to the mountains that i love....

So, here's the gameplan. I'm still taking it easy on my foot, although it feels like it is h
ealing. X-ray ruled out stress fracture (awesome) but the doc said it was most likely related to the plantar fascia because of its location on the bottom of my foot. So for the past few days i've been not running, but doing low impact machines that still work my hill climbing muscles. Today i did 4000 stairs in 40 minutes, rowed 2 miles, and skate skiied a 10k. All while playing texas hold 'em and flight controll. However, i got a new (free) pair of vibram KSO Treks, and i'm ready to hit the trails again. I'm making a committment to make the most of every day i live in boulder, so i plan to hike or run green mountain (or any suitable alternative) every day i'm on campus. I'm just too darn close to not run there. So here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment