Sunday, May 9, 2010

Week in Review


So, here's the week in review.
Monday, tuesday wednesday, thursday and friday. Then for fun i participated in saturday and sunday.

But in all seriousness, random pictures!!!

Sunday-8.25 miles up sunshine canyon 1:06. New fastest time for me, and got to run through softly falling snow flakes the whole time :) Felt strong the whole time, and on a good day, i could knock a few more minutes off the first two miles if i actually decided to go hard the entire run, but not bad seeing how i raced on friday and ran 7 on saturday.

Monday - Easy 5+1 in gym. Easy because i was more tired than i expected, but should have seen it coming.

Tuesday -Another easy 4 -28:40

Wednesday- Taper workout. Short, sweet, fast. 1x1200, 1x800, 1x400, 2x200, and some strides. 3:42, 2:27, 1:01, 27,27. Also played ultimate frisbee for a while after 5.5 miles


Thursday - about 1.5 miles in the morning to get my brain awake before the AP lit test, and 3.5 in the afternoon as a mini tempo run. 5 total

Friday- Felt tired? 3 miles

Saturday- Race
So my story for saturday could have gone better. My sister took the car to work, and my mom was at church, so i was in charge of getting to the meet. It wasn't far, so i elected to ride my bike. Halfway there, my pedal falls off, and i have to scoot the rest of the way. I get there, and the meet is running an hour and a half ahead of schedule, so i immediately begin my warmup, with about 30 minutes to go. I wasn't stressed out, still pretty calm, but slightly alarmed. It was warm, and the wind wasn't off the charts like at some meets. We line up, i'm seeded 2nd, and as i hear comments about my shoes, the gun fires and i'm right into first. Pacing wise, i was perfect for the first 5 laps, but to my surprise, the boulder kid was drafting me the whole time, and blows past me for the past 800 as i died off. He finished in 9:56, me in 10:13. Who knows what happened exactly, the last 3 laps just didn't connect AT ALL. So, i've got one more chance on wednesday for the 2 mile, but the weather may not cooperate.

Sunday- I know it's already in the week, but seeing how that's today, may as well say what i did. Sunshine Canyon to Camp, 8.5 miles, yada yada... 1:08. Time was solid in comparison to how i felt, surprisingly tired. Just kept moving and made it up.

Weekly total 36 miles
May Total 49 miles
Year Total 539 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment